The Avenue Surgery
To All Of Our Patients
We are all struggling with the confines imposed upon us due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
There has been talk of progress on a Covid 19 vaccine that should eventually improve the quality of life for us all, and we are all very excited to hear this.
As a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way while keeping both our patients and our staff safe. Everyone is trying to make their best of the situation.
To keep everyone informed, we will update messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- The vaccines are new, so all answers are not yet known – but as soon as we know more, we will inform you.
- The Covid 19 vaccines are not yet licensed to be used on patients in the UK, however we are expecting them to be licenced very soon.
- It has not yet been decided which patients will get the vaccine first and where they will need to go to get it but it is expected that those most clinically at risk of the virus will get priority.
- It is expected that most of the vaccinations will not start for most people until 2021 and it will then take some time before we eventually vaccinate everyone who is eligible.
- To enable the vaccinations to be given to patients over a quicker time span, lots of doctors and nurses are volunteering to come back into the workforce.
Please be aware that we all still need to keep to the advice of washing our hands, wearing facemasks and keeping to social distancing rules. We all look forward to a time when we will return to life as normal.
Thank you for your patience.