Regarding symptoms of Cancer
As you may have seen in the media we would like to encourage anyone who has potential cancer signs to contact us promptly.
We would like you to complete an online eConsult or call the surgery if you have any of the following:
- A mole that is changing, growing, itching or bleeding.
- A lump in your breast or testicle or an unusual lump elsewhere.
- A persistent change in your bowels especially if you are going more often. *
- Blood or discharge from your vagina, bowel, nose or in your urine.
- Indigestion that is severe or persistent or if you have difficulty swallowing. *
- Persistent cough or hoarse voice. *
- Unexplained weight loss, bloating, fatigue or night sweats.
- An unexplained pain or other symptoms that are worrying you.
*We would consider anything that has lasted for 3 weeks or longer to be persistent.
If you know anyone who has any of these symptoms, please tell them that they should contact the surgery so they can get it checked out.
In the majority of cases there will be nothing to worry about but it is important that we detect cancers early and if possible reassure you.
You are twice as likely to survive cancer now as you were 40 years ago.