The Avenue Surgery will be closed during the lunch period- 1.00pm- 2.00pm for the foreseeable future. We will reassess as the situation develops.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice
- If you live alone and you develop symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- If you live with others and you or one of them develop symptoms of coronavirus, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
- For anyone in the household who starts displaying symptoms, they need to stay at home for 7 days from when the symptoms, they need to stay at home for 7 days from when the symptoms appeared. Regardless of what day they are on in the original 14 day isolation period.
- For the latest advice please go to: http://gov.uk/coronavirus
If you have coronavirus symptoms:
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, then use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service. If you do not have internet access, call NHS 111
For a medical emergency dial 999
To delay the spread of COVID-19 and to protect patients and staff, we are limiting routine services. Most appointments will be via a telephone consultation.
Our team is currently working hard to contact patients with upcoming appointments to discuss their needs and advise them of any changes.
If you are needing an appointment please phone 01985 224600 and a member of our team will be able to advise you on what type of appointment will be best.
Message from Prescriptions Ordering Direct (POD):
Telephone lines continue to be fully operational, however we have additional staff actioning requests via a NEW EMERGENCY USE POD EMAIL ADRESS for use during COVID 19 period ONLY
Please email your request to email@example.com
By sending this e-mail you have given your consent for POD staff to access your medical records in order to process your prescription request.
You will not receive confirmation but can assume the prescription request should be ready for collection in one week.
If your prescription request is urgent can you please telephone the POD in the usual way to ensure it is dealt with the same day.
The essential information required is :
- GP practice
- Date of birth
- Medicines required
- Your usual pharmacy
- Any changes from usual (e.g. going on holiday, or a different pharmacy).
If any of these details are missing it will delay processing of your request.
Please note all e-mails will be deleted after one month.
BSW Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) Service