This website is run by Silicon Practice. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to the website using a screen reader, including the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver
- Read most of the website on devices without a screen, like a braille computer
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. The structure was created to simulate a real practice, which seeks improved usability for the patients.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
The majority of this website is fully accessible.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- there may be some PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Publisher documents which haven’t been designed for accessibility
- images, which contain text, may not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- The colour contrast makes it hard to read text in some parts of the website
- Some input fields have no description
- Some headings are not nested properly.
- There may be some links that open in a new window, are identified only by colour and are not descriptive.
- some widgets, outside editing control, may fail permitted contrast ratios
- some content is embedded in our website, such as maps and videos, and you cannot easily scale these on screen
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 01793 710500
- send us a message in our Contact Page
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, message us on our Contact Page.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Silicon Practice is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed above.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on.
We plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. However if there is a specific document that you would like to request in HTML format we will do our best to oblige where possible and practicable.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Compatibility with browsers
How our site looks and work is based on HTML5, and we test for and support the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (versions in support)
- Mozilla Firefox (versions in support)
- Internet Explorer (version 9 and above)
- Microsoft Edge (versions in support)
- Apple Safari (versions in support)
You may experience unexpected behaviour in other browsers.
How we test this website
This website was last tested on 02/03/2020. The test was carried out by Silicon Practice.
We tested our main website platform, available at www.avenuesurgery.co.uk
A variety of tools have been used to ensure the site compliance level:
- Web Accessibility (by Level Access)
- Markup Validation Service (by World Wide Web Consortium)
- WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool
- Functional Accessibility Evaluator (FAE)
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are actively looking to improve the accessibility on our website and we intend to fix the issues outlined above.
This statement was prepared on 24/03/2021.
It was last updated on 24/03/2021.